Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Of Ministry or Love?

My mind knows the reasons
Yet my heart still questions why
What'd meant so much for so long
Suddenly cannot mean a thing
My reasoning weighs more than my hope
Yet I find myself hoping all the same
Why? Maybe for the ease
To not loose what was invested?
Or of fear to invest again?
Maybe that is the reason
Granted, it still burns-
Not of anger, but of pain
It was worth it to me
No matter how hard it got
But no two people think the same
And so I can't put that off on another

Even though my mind knows the truth
My heart still questions my worth
I know in where my value lies
And from where comes purpose and meaning
Somewhere comes a voice negating
All that I know to be true
My insecure heart so often
Believes the lies that he feeds me

And until my mind convinces my heart
Its believable that I'm not worth much
Or that my work is of no value
Or that I won't love or be loved again
Or that my one chance just passed by



Free me from the lies my wounded heart
So easily agrees with

Free me from the questions my mind
Already has answers to

Free me from myself and bring me closer to you

1 comment:

Duski said...

That was absolutely beautiful.