Saturday, November 1, 2008

November 4

Election Day is around the corner, and well, honestly I am not one who jumps into politics nor do I keep up with things there well, but I have done a bit more this time around to make a more informed decision.

This election reminds me of the election in Peru a few years ago between Ollanta Humala and Alan Garcia. The first who is "chummy" with Chavez and comes from a terrorist background to the second who destroyed Peru's economy when he was president in the 80s. Many Peruvians shared with me that their choice was like choosing between AIDS or cancer...voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

Is there a need for change? Yes. But the only One who can bring real change is Christ, not one man. And even there were a "lesser of 2 evils" and I were to vote for him, the other candidate may win. Regardless who takes the role of our president, the man needs our prayers; God in His sovereignty has ordained who will take that roll (not that I shouldn't vote); and even if I am unhappy with the results, Nebuchadnezzar ruled Babylon, though "evil", God allowed it, and God humbled him too.

No matter who wins on November 4, Obama or McCain, only Christ can change this country, the war, the economy...~> US.

No comments: