Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fighting the Funk

I feel a funk coming on, and one part of me wants to fight it, the other part of me wants to wallow in it. Could it be because Thanksgiving is this week and its my first one in the states in 4 years, and I will not be spending it with family, rather working? Thats probably part of the funk, but the main reason would probably be that my times with the Lord lately are only to "tread water" spiritually. I tend to see my funks come in the times in my life when I am being legalistic about my me-and-God times, and really not going deep.

I want to wallow in this muck, feeling blah and not wanting to change my attitude. I want to withdraw, and this week may help that in that many of my friends are out of town. But really? What good does any of that do? How does that portray Christ?

So I must REPENT, BELIEVE, and FIGHT. I am trying to fight off this funk. I am trying to call myself into check. And I am probably putting on a mask with a smile on it in the process.

No comments: