Tuesday, August 21, 2007

On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand

...... all other ground is sinking sand..........

That song means so much more to me know. I am listening to Passion's version of that song as I write. I have known Christ to be my Solid Rock for so long, but it is so easy to put our hope in other things. Last week I was in the earthquake here in Peru, and though Lima was not as damaged as Ica, I had 2 long minutes of jello-like ground beneath me.

How often do I take for granted or put trust in even the ground beneath my feet? The ground beneath us seems so solid, so unmovable, so secure..... yet it isn't! We build our houses and our lives on it, but it cannot sustain us. There is only one Rock that is solid, and that is Christ.

I write this out of experience. Not only in situations where the ground beneath me is moving, but in things physically or emotionally are falling down all around me, has He been my Rock. I did not fear the quake as so many around me did. He is my stronghold. My life didn't end when my ministry did, when I've been dumped, or when I've felt forgotten...in fact my Rock held me together, He held me close, and He healed my wounds. I don't let Him take control of a lot of things in my life, but when I do, let me tell you..... it is SO extremely beautiful!!

He has changed my mourning into dancing!!

He has filled me with great JOY!!!

No comments: