Monday, December 1, 2008

Life is TOO Precious

I am at work right now. My thoughts are scattered, and I am typing this looking through teary eyes.

I just helped in a code.....and in the end a 5 year old boy passed away.

He wasn't my patient, but I just helped in documenting the code as it took place. The team fought, and fought hard for his life. When things were not improving mom and dad came in to be with him until the end. Mom was singing "it is well with my soul" and praying aloud for God's glory in this and for those of us in the room.

I held the tears back at this point. When I got back to my patients in "the cube" (babies whose parents can't stay with them)....I held one of my babies and rocked her as I cried. She slept while I rocked, but at one point she stretched her arm and her hand rested on my face. (I lost it again).

Life is too precious. We can't take it for granted.

No comments: