Friday, November 23, 2007

This Girl I Know


As a wilting flower, she waits...
Will she be watered?
She wants to cry for help
But is too dry
If it isn't because of sun,
its the heavy shadow overhead.

She gave herself away
Believing the lies of love...
some of his speaking,
some of her own convincing

She keeps falling into the same routine
And always comes out heartbroken
She wants to give up on them
But that is where she feels loved
She is crying, she is scared

Will this flower stop wilting
Will she be beautiful again
She is His treasure, His lovely one
But will she ever understand that?

How I wish I could convince her
When I look her in the eyes
Will she see the sincerity and truth I speak?
Or will she look within instead of upwards
For her worth and beauty

Sweet child of God-
THEY can't complete you-HE can
THEY will never treasure you as HE does
Your full beauty is seen only by HIM

My sweet Father, help me tell her
Give me the strength to always speak your truth to her,
Give her heart ears to hear.

No comments: