Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Thought

I don't know that there is an answer to this, but it stems from a conversation I had with my roommate this week on vacation..... One always hears the saying

"It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

but I've recently thought about this, in light of singleness, contentment, waiting on God, and interest from the opposite sex...

Which is better: to not have anyone interested in you (and the discontentment that can come with that) or to have had someone interested in you, get excited about it, and then them decide they aren't interested after all.

I've been in both places. Neither are "fun" per say. And in both, you need to fall at the foot of the cross, and truly wait on God, and trust that He's got your life in His hands along with your love story that He'll write when it is best. I think when He shows me a great guy, I take the pen from there, at least mentally, and that really isn't trusting HIm, or letting Him write.

No comments: